Home HVAC Repair and Replacement FAQs
Wondering what to expect, who to call, what to do, and when? We’ve answered a few of the most-asked questions of heating and air conditioning contractors.
How can I save energy and lower my utility costs with my current system?
- Remember to check and change your air filters as necessary.
- Schedule annual maintenance and safety check-ups for both your air conditioner and heating system.
- Check your air vents (inside and out) to ensure there no blockages such as debris, snow/ice, drapes, or furniture.
- Ask your contractor if a programmable thermostat will work with your system. These controllers are an easy and affordable HVAC upgrade that can save you up to $180 per year.
On average, how long do HVAC systems last?
Although this depends on actual usage and how well the system has been maintained, here are some averages:
- Heat Pumps: 13-15 years
- Air Conditioning Units: 13-15 years
- Furnaces: 15-20 years
- Tankless Water Heaters: 20 years
When should I consider replacing my current HVAC system?
If you system is older than 15 years, has required multiple repairs, or is not working at optimal efficiency, a new replacement furnace or air conditioner may be your best option. Carrier offers Good, Better, and Best models to fit every home and budget. Talk to your contractor about the best choices for you and your family.
Are there rebates available in my area for energy-efficient heating and cooling systems?
Carrier offers Cool Cash Rebates on their high-efficiency units every spring and fall. In addition, we offer a quick, one-click resource to all utility and manufacturer rebates searchable by zip code.
How can I find a trusted, local contractor?
Well, we may be a bit partial, but our Dealer Directory is a good place to start. Just type in your zip code, choose from the list, and call or email them your request directly. Each of our dealers is factory-trained and professionally certified with expertise in all makes and manufacturers of HVAC components.
If you have any other questions or need help with your system, please contact your local dealer for expert, reliable heating and cooling service.
Remember to visit our Facebook page for ongoing heating and cooling tips, promotions, and new HVAC product information.