Thinking about a whole home standby generator? Visit our video page to see why people are choosing Generac automatic standby generators for emergency power.
Back up your home with an automatic standy Generac generator and never have to worry about your family's safety.
If your power goes out, your generator goes on - automatically. It's that simple.
A whole home automatic standby generator works by monitoring utility voltage 24/7. When your electricity is interrupted, the generator detects the problem and goes to work. The automatic transfer switch safely disconnects the utility line and transfers to generator power. Power is simultaneously restored within seconds. Once the utility is restored, the generator returns to standby mode.
- Works whether you are away or at home
- Runs on your home's existing LP or natural gas supply
- Sits outside just like a central air conditioner
See how it works here.
Why choose Generac?
Generac is known for its generators with over 50 years' experience in power generation.
Don't chance frozen pipes, food spoilage, flooding, and the cost of having to stay at a hotel. Talk to your local dealer today for proper size and installation of a whole home automatic standby Generac generator.
Wondering about the differences between an automatic standby generator and a portable generator?
During a utility power outage, an automatic standby generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed standby generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic standby generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage, and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away, and they turn themselves off when utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
Have you seen that white, fluffy pollen floating through the air this spring? It comes from the cottonwood tree....